Saturday, June 8, 2013

FOOL FOR LOVE by Sam Shepard - MALE

FOOL FOR LOVE
by Sam Shepard

EDDIE
And we walked right through town.  Past the donut shop, past the miniature golf
course, past the Chevron station. And he opened the bottle up and offered it to
me.  Before he even took a drink, he offered it to me first.  And I took it and
drank it and handed it back to him.  And we just kept passing it back and forth
like that as we walked until we drank the whole thing dry.  And we never said a
word the whole time.  Then, finally, we reached this little white house with a red
awning, on the far side of town.  I’ll never forget the red awning because it
flapped in the night breeze and the porch light made it glow.  It was a hot,
desert breeze and the air smelled like new cut alfalfa.  We walked right up to
the front porch and he rang the bell and I remember getting real nervous
because I wasn’t out for a expecting to visit anybody. I thought we were just out
for a walk. And then this woman comes to the door. This real pretty woman with
red hair. And she throws herself into his arms. And he starts crying. He just
breaks down right there in front of me. And she’s kissing him all over the face
and holding him real tight and he’s just crying like a baby. And then through the
doorway, behind them both. I see this girl.  She just appears. She’s just
standing there, staring at me and I’m staring back at her and we can’t take our
eyes off each other. It was like we knew each other from somewhere but we
couldn’t place where. But the second we saw each other, that very second, we
knew we’d never stop being in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment