Thursday, July 18, 2013

FEMALE - ANNA

ANNA
AlIlla has the inside track on Doris Lehman's meteoric rise
within the film.

You really wanna know how she's gotten there? Well, I'll tell
you real quick how she's gotten there. She's screwed her way
to the top, that's how. She's made it with everyone from the
stock boy to the chairman. In fact, just between you and me, at
the convention in Cincinnatti last fall, you know-Joe Easton
saw her sneaking into the president's suite. The sly old boy
nailed her at the Hilton.

There must be at least twenty guys in this company who've balled her. They pass her around like chip dip. How do you think she got upstairs so quickly? Brains? No way. She's lame. But if you allow yourself to be on the bottom often enough-if you know what I mean-you're gonna make it to the top. And Doris Lehman would do it with a garden hose at halftime at the Super Bowl if she thought it would do her some good.
Sometimes I think it doesn't pay to be straight. Like me. What's being straight arrow gotten me? Zilch, that's what. Here I am, stuck down here in the computer pool with an old model Macintosh and a low-tech salary. And Lehman? Here she is making a bundle upstairs. And have you seen her office? An abstract desk, carpet a foot thick, original prints on the walls, three windows overlooking the river, and this steno chair from outer space.

And the couch in her boss' office? A hide-a-bed. (Pause.) Nope, I'm not kidding. One of the janitorial guys told me. The thing opens out and right away you've got instant motel. And knowing Lehman as I do, it probably has a built-in vibrator. The ambitious little bitch is screwing the balls off Ralph Humble, you can bet on it.

At the rate she's going she'll own this company some day. Hey, God only knows what she'll achieve. Doris Lehman could wind up humping her way into Forbes magazine.

2 comments: